Our Service Charter
Why a service charter
Our Service Charter sets out the services provided by SIBW (the Office), and the standard to which the staff of the Office will endeavour to perform these services.
The charter applies to everyone who has contact with the Office.
Our aim is to provide excellent services, which are all: efficient, effective, relevant to clients’ needs, and delivered in an environment of mutual respect and honesty.
Services we provide
- Public relations
- Online shop
- Whats On cultural calendar
- Corporate events
- School tours
- Rural and remote tours
- Multicultural forums
- multicultural Peoples’ Awards
- Multicultural Short Film Festival
- Promotional events
What you can expect from us
- All clients will be treated in a professional way, with courtesy, impartiality, fairness and honesty
- Cultural diversity and traditions will be respected and observed at all times
- Privacy and confidentiality will be observed in all dealings and maintained, subject to legal obligations
- Services that you can access easily and that are accurate
- SIBW staff, directors, committees and
service providers will be honest and open in all forms of
communication, and will use appropriate language, tone
- Advice that is consistent and in plain language; and
- All requests (written or verbal) will be responded to in a
All consultants engaged by SIBW for such things as conducting lectures, guest speaking, counselling and training shall adopt the same standards as those of this Office.
You can help us by
- Providing information in a timely manner
- Contacting us if you have difficulties with any appointment
- Being honest and reasonable when dealing with us, and allowing reasonable time for requests to be met
- Giving us as much information as possible when contacting us, to enable us to direct your enquiry to the correct area; and
- Treating our staff with courtesy.
The standard of service you can expect from us
We will endeavour to respond to your written correspondences and requests for information as quickly as possible but at least within 7 days.
We undertake to answer the majority of phone calls within 30 seconds and aim to resolve your enquiry during that call. If we need to refer your request to another person, that person will respond to you within 2 working days.
Disputes and Complaints
Response times for complaints about SIBW will vary and be dependent on the nature of the complaint. We will, however, attempt to respond to your complaint within three weeks of receipt. We will also assist by providing advice on members’ rights and options available to members to pursue their complaints.
Feedback on Our Performance
We welcome your feedback so that we can measure our performance as set out in this charter. If you have a comment or a suggestion about our service you can contact the Managing Director by phone and discuss your comments. Similarly you can write to him, outlining:
- What service you received from us;
- What date you received your response; and
- What comments/suggestions you have for improvement.
In addition we have established an Internet homepage so that you can provide feedback and comment via email.
We value your right to complain. We take your complaint seriously and have a complaints process so we can respond to you quickly.
Complaints can be made by telephoning or writing to the Managing Director. If you are unhappy with the response you receive you may have your complaint reviewed by the Board of Directors.
If you are still dissatisfied with the decision by the board, unhappy with the outcome of your complaint, or the way in which it has been handled, there are a number of avenues available for external review.
You can take your complaint to the Commonwealth Ombudsman, pursuant to the Ombudsman Act 1976. There is an office in each State or Territory.
If you believe your right to confidentiality has not been respected, you can contact the Commonwealth Privacy Commissioner.
Monitoring and review of the charter
We will review this charter through an ongoing consultative process with clients and staff.
We will also monitor complaints and feedback including the level and number of complaints and other feedback from the community to improve service delivery.
Our performance against the standards set out in this charter will be reviewed and publicly reported on.
How to contact us
If you wish to know more about this service charter or provide any comments, please contact our office by phone, by e-mail or in writing to the address below.
PO Box 5835
West End, Brisbane
Queensland 4101 Australia
(+617) 3511 6076