Protecting your Privacy
SIBW is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. We are bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which set out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Following is the information that the Privacy Act requires us to communicate to all of our customers. We recommend that you keep this information for future reference.
SIBW provides a range of community services either through a particular division within SIBW, or through one of our related companies.
Your personal information
Personal information held by SIBW may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, e-mail address, bank account or credit card details, occupation and driver’s license number. We also hold details of your SIBW services, including their status.
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How we collect personal information
SIBW collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in documents such as an application form
- From third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives
- From publicly available sources of information
- From the organizations identified below under ‘When we disclose your personal information’
- From our own records of how you use SIBW services and products; or
- When legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- Verify your identity
- Assist you to subscribe to our services
- Provide the services you require
- Administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- Inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud
- Research and develop our services
- Gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Your personal information is also collected to promote and market other services which we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish us to contact you regarding other services, please call our office (+61 7) 3511 6076.
When we disclose your personal information
For the purposes set out above we may disclose your personal information to organizations outside SIBW.
The organizations to which we disclose information include:
- Outsourced service providers who manage the services we provide to you, including:
- Customer enquiries
- Mailing systems
- Billing and debt-recovery functions
- Information technology services
- Installation, maintenance and repair services
- Marketing, telemarketing and door-knocking services; and
- Market research
- Your representatives (e.g. your authorized representatives or legal advisers)
- Credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies
- Credit providers for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing
- Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organizations, as required or authorized by law
- Organizations involved in:
- A transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or organization (including accounts and trade receivables); and
- Managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitization)
- Other community and information service providers; and
- Our related companies.