Algeria

Algeria

Algeria’s history goes back farther than many surviving cultures, no matter how ancient, can still attest to through their values and practices.  Algeria’s first inhabitants go back to Neolithic times.  About 8000 years ago, these people, who were mostly nomadic hunters and primitive sorts of people, began making rock paintings on the walls of their caves, depicting what their daily lives entailed: hunting game and following herds.

99% of Algeria’s population is Sunni Muslims of Berber Algeria3heritage. The other 1% is taken up by Christians and Jews, but they are few and scattered throughout the nation.

To find out more contact:

The Embassy of People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria
29 Cobbadah Street
O’Malley ACT 2606
+61 2 6286 7355
http://www.algeriaemb.org.au/

Source:
http://www.ericshapiro.com/algerian_culture.htm

Leave a reply

Gold Coast Tourism Corporation (GCT)

Since its establishment by the tourism industry in 1975, Gold Coast Tourism Corporation (GCT) has operated as a membership-based destination marketing organisation representing the sector ...